Welcome to the first interview episode of The RevNYou With Real Estate Podcast! Thank you for tuning in!
In the show’s inaugural episode, Doug catches up with fellow RevNYou team member and award winning investor Gary Spencer-Smith.
Gary was born in the UK and started investing in his native country during his time in the Royal Navy, He emigrated to Canada after 11 years of service, which saw him travel all over the world before settling on Vancouver Island. Investing on the island for over ten years now, Gary has won awards from Canadian Real Estate Wealth Magazine and The Real Estate Investment Network for his strategies and success, and been nominated for countless others. Gary enjoys the lifestyle investing in real estate affords him and has a passion for helping others change their financial futures by using real estate as the catalyst. “When I see people finally realize they can totally change their lives, it’s like a light goes on, then they know what is truly possible for their lifestyle and the future of themselves and those around them. That’s why I teach!”
After getting to know Gary and his background story, the conversation shifts towards providing listeners with a primer on joint-venture investing before getting into the tips, techniques, strategies, and ways of being that have made Gary such a successful joint-venture working partner in his many years as a real estate investor.
Gary shares his knowledge and experience on:
- How to screen your joint-venture partners to work with the right type of people, creating win-win relationships
- Identifying opportunities to match with the right joint-venture partners
- Communicating with various personalities and different communication styles from your own
- Developing, managing, and strengthening relationships with your joint-venture partners for long-lasting success
As the conversation winds down Gary also shares some great resources for investors looking to get started or for those looking to take their investing journey to the next level!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Julie Broad – More Than Cashflow: Understanding The Real Risks & Rewards of Profitable Real Estate
- Robert Kiyosaki – Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Don R. Campbell – Secrets of The Canadian Real Estate Cycle
- CashFlow Game – https://www.richdad.com/products/cashflow-classic
Did you enjoy the podcast? If so, please let us know by clicking the subscribe button on the podcast platform of your liking.
Want to become a part of the RevNYou Community? We’d love for you to join our following on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram for real estate investing resources, and to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the RevNYou With Real Estate World.